You could qualify for a grant….
We are very pleased to confirm that being a TrustMark Registered Business, we are accredited to undertake home energy-saving improvements carried out under the new Government’s Green Homes Grant Voucher Scheme (GHGVS) which must be completed by a TrustMark Registered Business
From October 1st, under the GHGVS, homeowners in England can check eligibility for vouchers worth up to two-thirds of the cost of hiring tradespeople to upgrade the energy efficiency of their home – the maximum contribution will be £5,000, or for those on lower incomes, a 100% grant up to £10,000 will be available for certain work.
The vouchers, which will be issued from the end of September, will help pay for energy efficiency improvements, that will help cut energy bills and potentially save families hundreds of pounds a year.
A statement from the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS), said consumers will be able to use a TrustMark Registered Business from their local area to carry out energy-efficient measures in and around their homes. They will be able to use the vouchers to install one or more of the following:
• solid wall, under-floor, cavity wall or roof insulation *many roofing projects, particularly flat roofs will require renewal to upgrade the insulation, meaning a new covering would be installed as part of this voucher scheme.
In addition, households can use their voucher for further energy-saving measures. These include one or more of the following:
• double or triple glazing/secondary glazing, when replacing single glazing
• upgrading to energy-efficient doors
• hot water tank/appliance tank thermostats/heating controls
• air source or ground source heat pump
• solar thermal
The grant scheme is available until the end of March 2021.
More info from Govt.co.uk
The following insulation measures are covered by the voucher:
- solid wall insulation (internal or external)
- cavity wall insulation
- under-floor insulation (solid floor, suspended floor)
- loft insulation
- flat roof insulation
- pitched roof insulation
- room in roof insulation
- insulating a park home
Costs that are covered by the voucher include: